- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 orange , removed with a vegetable peeler and julienned
- Zest of 1 lime , removed with a vegetable peeler and julienned
- 5 firm-ripe bananas , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 pints coconut sorbet
- 1/2 pint blackberries , for garnish
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
Meanwhile, in a small pot of boiling water, blanch orange and lime zests separately, 2 minutes each. Drain and transfer zests to a large bowl. Add bananas and toss gently to combine. Pour syrup over banana mixture. Let cool, cover, and refrigerate at least 3 hours, or up to 24 hours.
To serve, place a 1/2-cup scoop of sorbet into each serving bowl and top with banana mixture. Garnish with blackberries and a sprig of mint.