This salsa can be made up to 4 hours in advance.
Servings: Makes 4 cups
- 2 cups chopped papaya
- 1 medium red onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (about 1/2 bunch) chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and minced
- teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper , or to taste
- 2 cups chopped banana (firm and slightly underripe)
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except banana. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve; add banana just before serving.
Variation: Cucumber-Jicama Salsa
In above recipe, replace banana and papaya with 2 cups chopped seedless cucumber and 2 cups chopped jicama. Makes 4 cups.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 12, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.