Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 8
- 10 to 12 ripe bananas
- 1 large or 2 small boxes of Jell-O Brand Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
- 1 box Nilla wafers (or similar version)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or imitation)
- 1 quart milk
- 2 (8-ounce) or 1 (16-ounce) tub Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
Start by making pudding according to box directions. Before mixing the pudding into milk, whisk in 1/2 cup sugar because it takes longer to dissolve than the pudding. Also, mix in vanilla extract.
Set pudding aside, on counter or in fridge. Take bananas, peel and slice as thin or thick as you like. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Take out bowl with pudding and fold in Cool Whip (leave about 4 Tbsp. for top layer). Take deep bowl in which you wish to assemble pudding (any color; see-through looks best for presentation).
First, layer Nilla wafers. Second, layer bananas. Third, layer pudding. Continue layering to top of bowl. Top layer will be a thin layer of Cool Whip and some wafers placed in a design of your choosing!
Printed from Oprah.com on March 8, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.