Banana-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter , soften
- 1/2 cup prune puree or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raw cane sugar (Turbinado)
- 3 medium ripe bananas , mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and prune puree and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the sugar, bananas, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Gradually add the flour and baking soda. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips until incorporated.
Drop the dough by teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.