Baked Eggs with Garden Vegetable Hash
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper , cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 medium zucchini , cut into 1/4-inch thick half-moons
- 1 medium yellow onion , cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound Roma or plum tomatoes , seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Toss the potatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, onion and olive oil on the baking sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake, occasionally turning the vegetables with a spatula, until the potatoes are almost tender, about 40 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic and thyme. Bake until the vegetables are browned, about 20 minutes more. Transfer the vegetables to a 2-quart ovenproof serving dish.
Spacing them evenly apart, break the eggs over the vegetables. Bake until the eggs are set, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately.