A light vinaigrette, a few slivers of cheese and some baby greens make this tomato salad head-over-heels pleasurable.
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 ounces baby arugula and red leaf lettuce , washed
- 4 heirloom tomatoes (various colors, if available), cut horizontally into 4 slices
- 1 cucumber , cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved or grated manchego cheese (or substitute 1/2 cup Parmesan)
Chill 4 salad plates in refrigerator.
In a small container with a tight-fitting lid, combine thyme, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper, and shake until blended. Add a pinch of salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, toss both types of greens with half the dressing. Divide them among chilled plates. Stack four tomato and three cucumber slices on top of greens. Drizzle with remaining half of dressing and scatter cheese.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 4, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.