Servings: Serves 6
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 sprig fresh lemon thyme or thyme
- 1 piece (2 inches) fresh lemongrass , crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon oil
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus , trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh fava beans ' ' or frozen lima beans , thawed
- 8 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts , coarsely chopped
To make lemon oil: In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; heat over medium-low heat until oil is hot and small bubbles begin to appear. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature. Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight. Strain before using.
To make vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until blended.
To prepare salad: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain in colander, rinse with cold water until cool, and then drain again. Repeat with beans, cooking about 1 minute before draining.
In a large bowl, combine greens, pistachios, asparagus and beans. Add vinaigrette and toss. Serve immediately.