Servings: Makes 20 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots , finely chopped
- 8 ounces ' ' assorted wild mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 pounds asparagus , trimmed and peeled
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallots and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes, until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook 1 minute. Increase heat to medium high, pour in broth, and simmer until almost completely reduced, 12 to 15 minutes. Add cream and reduce until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir in parsley.
Steam asparagus 5 to 6 minutes (depending on thickness), until tender. Dry on paper towels.
Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a platter and spoon sauce over center of asparagus; serve immediately.