This recipe is from Cindy Pawlcyn's Napa Valley Menu .
- 30 asparagus spears , ends trimmed
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil , plus more for grilling
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large slices crusty bread , halved
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 whole anchovies
- 3/4 cup oil-cured black olives , pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chervil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 6 ounced shaved dry Jack cheese
Preheat grill. Blanch asparagus in a large pot of boiling water for 3 minutes, then place in an ice bath until cold. Remove asparagus and dry with paper towels; set ice bath aside.
Rub asparagus with olive oil, and grill until just charred. Let cool to room temperature.
Boil eggs in shells for 6 minutes. Place in the ice bath and peel once cool. Set eggs aside and cut them into quarters just before serving.
Brush both sides of bread with oil; grill just until grill marks show. Set aside.
To make dressing, combine lemon juice with salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Mix well; whisk in 1 cup olive oil.
To serve, divide bread among 6 plates. Lightly coat grilled asparagus with dressing, then place spears on top of bread slices. Arrange egg quarters and anchovies on the plates, and sprinkle chopped olives. Drizzle remaining dressing, then add chervil, tarragon, lemon zest, and shaved cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.