This recipe is part of our street food menu.
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots , peeled
- 2 pickling or Persian cucumbers
- 1 medium (3/4-pound) daikon radish , peeled
- 4 red radishes , thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce; set aside.
Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, thinly slice carrots, cucumbers, and daikon lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick strips. Transfer to bowl with dressing. Add radishes and salt; toss well. Set aside to marinate 15 to 20 minutes, then serve. For a stronger flavor, marinate up to 3 days in the refrigerator.