Slices of crisp Asian pear mingle with parsley, celery leaves, and bean sprouts in this light, palate-cleansing salad.
This recipe is part of our street food menu
Servings: Serves 4
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup celery leaves , from inner celery ribs
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup radish sprouts or alfalfa sprouts or bean sprouts
- 2 scallions , thinly sliced
- 1 large (about 3/4-pound) Asian pear , quartered and cut into thin pieces
To make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, and sugar. While whisking constantly, drizzle in oil; season with salt to taste.
To make salad: Add celery leaves, parsley, sprouts, scallions, and pear to bowl with dressing. Toss well; serve immediately.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 23, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.