Asian Green Beans and Pork
- 1 pound ground lean pork or beef or turkey
- 6 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine or dry Sherry
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 clove (about 1 1/2 tsp.) garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger (use a microplane)
- 2/3 cup canned chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound green beans , trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly milled black pepper
Preheat the broiler to high. Toss the green beans with 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange the beans in one layer on a rimmed baking sheet and broil, 4 inches from the heat source, turning occasionally, for 10 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil and large skillet over high heat until hot; reduce the heat to medium, add the pork mixture and cook, stirring, until it is no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the broth mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Add the green beans and stir until they are coated with the same.