- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) fresh ricotta cheese , preferably sheep's milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small clove garlic , halved
- 2 small or 1 large bunch arugula (6 to 8 ounces), stemmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar , or to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , stemmed and halved
Rub cut garlic over inside of a large salad bowl. Add arugula, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and a generous pinch of salt. Gently toss arugula with olive oil. Add vinegar and toss again. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add tomatoes and gently fold in to distribute. Arrange salad on individual plates. Top with warm cheese and sprinkle with ground pepper.