Servings: Serves 4
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 cloves roasted garlic or more to taste
- 1/2 cup basil , ripped into small pieces
- 7 ounces (1/2 package) Barilla PLUS thin spaghetti , cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups fresh peas or frozen , defrosted at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
Combine the walnuts, garlic, basil and 1/3 cup water in a food processor for 1 minute.
Toss the walnut mixture with the hot cooked pasta, peas, salt, pepper and red pepper
flakes, if desired, and serve.
Recipes from The Best Life Diet Cookbook by Bob Greene, published by Simon & Schuster, © 2009. Used by permission.
Per serving, about: calories: 442; protein: 15 g; carbohydrate: 53 g; dietary fiber: 11 g; sugars: 7 g; total fat: 21g; saturated fat: 2 g; cholesterol: 0 mg; calcium: 63 mg; sodium: 296 mg