Angel Hair Pasta with Walnuts and Peas
Recipe from The Best Life Diet Cookbook by Bob Greene
January 12, 2009
Quell a pasta craving with this vegetarian dish, which provides high-quality protein
thanks to Barilla PLUS. Walnuts also contribute some protein and healthy omega-3 fats
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 cloves roasted garlic or more to taste
- 1/2 cup basil , ripped into small pieces
- 7 ounces (1/2 package) Barilla PLUS thin spaghetti , cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups fresh peas or frozen , defrosted at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
Combine the walnuts, garlic, basil and 1/3 cup water in a food processor for 1 minute.
Toss the walnut mixture with the hot cooked pasta, peas, salt, pepper and red pepper
flakes, if desired, and serve.
Recipes from The Best Life Diet Cookbook by Bob Greene, published by Simon & Schuster, © 2009. Used by permission.
Per serving, about: calories: 442; protein: 15 g; carbohydrate: 53 g; dietary fiber: 11 g; sugars: 7 g; total fat: 21g; saturated fat: 2 g; cholesterol: 0 mg; calcium: 63 mg; sodium: 296 mg
Printed from Oprah.com on December 6, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.