Amaranth Mango Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. grated, fresh ginger (from about a 1-inch piece)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup organic amaranth grain
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mango (from an about-1-pound mango)
- 1/2 cup diced, red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. diced jalapeño
- 1 Tbsp. minced, fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
Combine the yogurt, curry, ginger and salt and chill until ready to use.
Bring water to a boil. Add amaranth, reduce heat to low and simmer until water has been absorbed, about 20–25 minutes. Remove from heat and drain excess water.
Toss cooked amaranth with mango, bell pepper, jalapeño, herbs and yogurt sauce. Serve immediately or chilled.
More Delicious Grain Recipes