Servings: Serves 6–8
- 2 pounds Yukon gold or new red potatoes , peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 5 hard-boiled eggs , chopped
- 2 tsp. yellow prepared mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 1 tsp. celery seeds or 4 celery ribs , finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped, for garnish
- Cider vinegar to taste
Cover the potatoes with water and cook in a large pot over medium-high heat until just tender, about 6 minutes. Check the potatoes frequently, making sure they do not overcook.
Drain the potatoes in a colander and run cold water over them to let them cool. Transfer the potatoes back to pot.
Add the relish, eggs, mustard, mayonnaise, onion, celery seeds and salt and pepper, mixing gently. (For variety, I sometimes use dill relish instead of the sweet relish.)
Garnish with bacon, red pepper and a sprinkling of vinegar, if desired.
Back to the Family © 2007 by Thomas Nelson Publishers.