- 9 frozen Pillsbury® Dunkables® homestyle waffle sticks with 3 syrup cups (from 1 pound -1.3 ounce box)
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg white
- 1 box (9 ounces) frozen Green Giant® spinach , thawed and drained or 1 1/2 cups frozen Green Giant® cut leaf spinach (from 1 pound bag)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate or 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix contents of syrup cups from waffles, the preserves and Worcestershire sauce. Place chicken, skin side up, in pie plate; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon syrup mixture over chicken.
Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes. Meanwhile, toast waffle sticks until golden brown. Cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Cut waffles into 3/4-inch cubes; set aside. Spray 1-quart casserole with cooking spray (or use 9x5-inch nonstick loaf pan; do not spray). In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in waffle pieces and broth, breaking up waffle pieces slightly to moisten. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning and sage. Remove from heat, cool about 5 minutes. Stir in egg white and spinach. Spoon stuffing into casserole. Sprinkle pecans over top.
Twenty minutes before chicken is done, place casserole in oven next to chicken in pie plate. Spoon syrup mixture in pie plate over chicken. Bake chicken and stuffing uncovered 20 to 25 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170°F) and stuffing is thoroughly heated. Spoon remaining syrup mixture from pie plate over chicken. Serve chicken with stuffing.
Pillsbury recipe from www.pillsbury.com/bakeoff