2004 Pillsbury Bake-Off® Winner: Oats 'n Honey Granola Pie
Created by Suzanne Conrad
January 01, 2006
Every other year, thousands of contestants go head-to-head for a chance to win a $1 million grand prize in the Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest.
- 1 refrigerated Pillsbury® pie crust (from 15-ounce box), softened as directed on box
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs , lightly beaten
- 4 Nature Valley® Oats 'n Honey crunchy granola bars (2 pouches) crushed. To easily crush granola bars, do not unwrap. Use rolling pin to crush bars.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Whipped cream or ice cream , if desired
Heat oven to 350°F.
Place piecrust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter on high 50 to 60 seconds or until melted.
Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until blended. Beat in salt, vanilla and eggs.
Stir crushed granola bars, walnuts, oats and chocolate chips into brown sugar mixture. Pour into crust-lined pan.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil or pie shield to prevent excessive browning.
Cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream.
Store in refrigerator.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 11, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.