10 Child-Friendly Foods
When feeding your children, not all meals need to be filled with meat and potatoes, Food Network star Robin Miller says. For example, a balanced meal can consist of chicken nuggets, cheese cubes with frozen grapes and a baked sweet potato, she says. "Children can enjoy eating tapas style while still enjoying a bounty of nutrients," she says.
Robin shares her list of 10 snacks and meals that all children will enjoy:
1. Pasta with red sauce and Parmesan cheese (or just Parmesan cheese)
2. Roasted or baked sweet potatoes
3. Baked butternut squash with a little butter and brown sugar
4. Fruit kebabs (pieces of cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, strawberries and pineapple)
5. Apple slices dunked in peanut butter
6. Chicken nuggets with a fruit- or vegetable-based dipping sauce (Try Robin's Honey-Peach Sauce.)
7. Individual "flat" pizzas made with flour tortillas, tomato sauce, vegetables (broccoli and mushrooms) and Parmesan cheese (Try Robin's Chicken Pizzettes with "Choose 'Em" Vegetables.)
8. Cheese cubes and frozen grapes
9. Carrot and zucchini sticks with ranch dip
10. Bell pepper strips spread with cream cheese (or cream cheese mixed with olives)
Get Robin's advice on feeding picky eaters.