|Get the best of Oprah.com in your inbox. Sign up for our newsletters!|
September 2011 (131 posts)
Men! What are they thinking? We can't always answer that, but we'll be posting our favorite glimpses into their world in this space every Thursday.
* In 1989 a 7-year-old girl sent Roald Dahl "a dream in a bottle" she'd made with oil, colored water and glitter. He wrote back. (Twitter via Letters of Note)
* Speaking of children's literature, where's Waldo? (Guardian.co.uk)
* An ode to Steve Jobs' most influential innovation of all: Business casual attire. (The Smart Set)
* Bummed you won't get to see Venus Williams compete in the U.S. Open? Get to know Ryan Harrison, the 19-year-old Grantland calls the next John McEnroe. (Grantland)
* "Let’s put it this way: My legs are gone, but I’m still going to be able to walk my daughter down the aisle one day, and I’m still going to see my son grow up, and probably get into trouble." — New York Times photographer Joao Silva, who lost his legs after stepping on a landmine in Afghanistan, in a speech he gave in early August. The whole thing is worth a read. (Lens Blog)