|Get the best of Oprah.com in your inbox. Sign up for our newsletters!|
What We're Grateful for Today
Ah, Friday: A chance to look back on all the things kept us going all week long. So thank goodness for...
1. "From the moment we are born, the world tends to have a container already built for us to fit inside: a social security number, a gender, a race, a profession or an I.Q...Would we still be able to exist if we were authentically 'un-contained'?"—Paige Bradley, the artist behind the astonishing sculpture Expansion (right) which says the same thing without words.
2. Up, up, and away! The adorable house from the movie Up! comes to life.
3. Photographer James Mollison's book "Where Children Sleep" gives an extraordinary view of the planet's cultural divide through children's bedrooms across the world.
4. Forget superheroes, this 12-year-old girl took matters into her own hands to save a boy from drowning.
5. Hugh Herr, the double amputee who designs better artificial limbs, which help people like himself (without their biological legs) to climb mountains—scaling ice walls and toeing into tiny fissures in the rock.
Please note that Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities have no affiliation with and do not endorse those entities, projects, or websites referenced above, which are provided solely as a courtesy. You should conduct your own independent investigation before using the services of any such entities, projects, or websites. Information is provided for your reference only.