|Get the best of Oprah.com in your inbox. Sign up for our newsletters!|
What We're Grateful for Today
It’s Friday again, and despite East Coast earthquakes and hurricanes, boy, are we grateful. These are just a few things that cheered our week.
1. "Perfect isn't my type." The trailer for Patricia Marx's Starting from Happy gets us excited for the written word.
2. Meet the 98-year-old female Judo Master (Not only is she 98, she’s the only woman in the world to receive a 10th-degree black belt.)
3. As part of the Guggenheim Museum exhibition “Stillspotting NYC,” Improv Everywhere gave people a platform, and instructed them to "say something nice." See what happened.
4. IBM is still at it: Now they're one step closer to making a computer that thinks like a human.
5. If only summer could just keep going on like this forever...
Wishing you a happy weekend!
Please note that Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities have no affiliation with and do not endorse those entities, projects, or websites referenced above, which are provided solely as a courtesy. You should conduct your own independent investigation before using the services of any such entities, projects, or websites. Information is provided for your reference only.