|Get the best of Oprah.com in your inbox. Sign up for our newsletters!|
What We're Grateful For Today
It's that time again. Who's got something to be thankful for? We'll start...
1. After being freed from a net, a humpback whale literally jumps for a joy. (via Grist)
2. Cinemagraphs. They're "more than a photo but not quite a video," and good for an oooh and an aaaah.
3. Math and feelings—Not so separate, after all. (Via preliminary findings of a "What's your favourite number? experiment on NPR.)
4. The Dalai Lama turns out to be a terrible food critic and offers another shining example of forgiveness on the Australian ‘Master Chef.’ About a contestant whose gnocchi were undercooked, he said, “They tried their best."
5. Hope Solo will be on the cover of Sports Illustrated next week—the first woman athlete in a year, and only the third female soccer player to appear there IN 57 YEARS.
Thank you Hope. You inspire, well "hope." Happy weekend, everyone. What' are you grateful for?
Please note that Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities have no affiliation with and do not endorse those entities, projects, or websites referenced above, which are provided solely as a courtesy. You should conduct your own independent investigation before using the services of any such entities, projects, or websites. Information is provided for your reference only.