|Get the best of Oprah.com in your inbox. Sign up for our newsletters!|
Thursdays Are from Mars: Hitchcock on Happiness
Men! What are they thinking? We can't always answer that, but we'll be posting our favorite glimpses into their world in this space every Thursday.
* We wholeheartedly agree with the recipe for happiness Alfred Hitchcock offers in the video above, and would only add that a knife-free space to take a shower never hurt either. (Open Culture)
* Meet Kaniehtakeron 'Geggs' Martin, a fourth generation Mohawk ironworker whose family has worked on New York City's most famous bridges and skyscrapers for the past 100 years. (WNYC)
* A 35-year-old man decides to take the SAT cold; polygon-inspired bafflement—and anger—ensues. (Deadspin)
* From Spicoli to Lebowski, everything you ever wanted to know about the word "dude." (More Intelligent Life)
* "What I didn’t expect was how much hope I would feel. How much comfort."—Frank Bruni on How to Survive a Plague, a new documentary about the history of the AIDS epidemic. (NYTimes)
Please note that Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities have no affiliation with and do not endorse those entities, projects, or websites referenced above, which are provided solely as a courtesy. You should conduct your own independent investigation before using the services of any such entities, projects, or websites. Information is provided for your reference only.