|Get the best of Oprah.com in your inbox. Sign up for our newsletters!|
6 Delicious Ways to Celebrate the First Day of Spring
1. Add some color to your dinner tonight. Garnish the plates with herbs or edible flowers such a mint and nasturtium, or see this slideshow of 45 satisfying salads, which provides tons of inspiration.
2. Plant herbs on the windowsill. Urban farmer Gayla Trailer explains which ones offer the biggest rewards in the shortest amount of time.
3. Spring clean your kitchen. Or just your fridge. Or simply...the counter. These 9 window, countertop and floor cleaners smell so good, you'll actually look forward to the dirty work. Plus, having a spotless workspace will make assembling meals much more pleasant.
4. Make something lighter, fresher and zingier this week. Cookbook author Rori Trovato's spring menu includes a zippy mint and pea hummus and a fruit-sweetened carrot cake.
5. Grow wheat grass. If you do it now, it’ll be ready for decorating an Easter basket or blending into a smoothie by April 8. This video shows you how simple it is.
6. Go get a free cup of Italian ice at Rita's. The chain has more than 550 stores in 18 states and always gives out free regular-sized ices on March 20.
Daylight savings dinner savers
March's must-try food guide
A spring brunch menu
Please note that Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities have no affiliation with and do not endorse those entities, projects, or websites referenced above, which are provided solely as a courtesy. You should conduct your own independent investigation before using the services of any such entities, projects, or websites. Information is provided for your reference only.